Students are given inputs that cover fashion design aspects such as Design process, Design Development and Design Research. Students are equipped with computer skills at Design and Production level. Understanding the need and dominance of the Mass and Customized market, the course also delivers the necessary inputs in Design wise Pattern- Making, Construction Of Apparels, etc.
Fashion Design course prepares students for Couture – Ready to Wear Design for Men, women and Kids. Students learn draping, Sewing Techniques, Design from Concept to End Product using Hand rendering to Computer Aided Design.
|Drawing & Sketching (D)|
|History of Art & Design (B)|
|Fundamental of Design (B)|
|Environmental Studies (D)|
|Communication Skills (B)|
|Technical Drawing- Foundation (D)|
|Advance Design (B)|
|Material Studies (C)|
|Computers Application In Data Management And Presentation (C)|
|Art Appreciation (B)|
|Fundamentals of Illustration & Design Concept (A)|
|Introduction to Pattern Making (Flat and Draping) (A)|
|Introduction to Textile (B)|
|History Of Fashion (Indian & Western) and Women’s Studies (B)|
|Marketing and Merchandising (C)|
|Basic Fashion Illustration & Design Concept (A)|
|Basic Pattern Making (Flat and Draping) (A)|
|Introduction to Garment Construction(A)|
|Computer Aided Rendering Technique In Fashion (A)|
|Principles of Management (C)|
|Advance Fashion Illustration & Design Concept(A)|
|Advance Pattern Making (Flat, Draping and Grading) (A)|
|Basic Garment Construction (A)|
|Craft Research and Design (A)|
|Indian Textile and embroideries (A)|
|Computer Application In Fashion(2D) (A)|
|Industry Research Project (C)|
|Advance Garment Construction (A)|
|Fashion Forecasting (A)|
|Dyeing and Printing & Surface Ornamentation (A)|
|Creative Pattern Making (A)|
|Fashion styling and costume designing (C)|
|Range Development (A)|
|Quality Assurance Management (A)|
|Introduction to entrepreneurship and IPR(C)|
|Fabric Styling for Apparels (A)|
|Retail and Visual Merchandising (C)|
|Graduating Show (B)|
Eligibility criteria for the 1st year – B. Design
- XII th Pass in any Stream – Arts/Commerce/Science/Home Science/ Minimum Competency Vocational Course (MCVC) including National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS).
- Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education (MSBTE)/ State Govt. Technical
Education full time diploma of minimum 3 years after Std. X ( any stream)
iii. For NRI & Foreign students with equivalence from Association of Indian Universities
(AIU), New Delhi
Criteria for selection of students for the 1st year –
50% weightage for SOFT’s CET Marks , 50% weightage for XII Std./ Equivalent marks.
(Minimum Eligibility 45%)
(B) Eligibility criteria for 2nd year –
- Three year Diploma, Dress making and Garment Manufacturing or Equivalent recognized by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) with Bridge course of 8 credits with additional Fees.
- Five year Diploma in Fine Arts recognized by the State Technical Board with Bridge course of 8 credits
- Successful completion of 1st year Degree from National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT)
- Successful completion of 1st year Degree of any B Design Fashion Or Equivalent Course offered by Indian Universities / Foreign university with equivalence from AIU.
The following are the subjects under bridge course:
- Fashion Studies – 4 Credits Th2 Pr2
- Material Studies – 2 Credits Pr.
- Technical Drawing – 2 Credits Pr.
The prescribed bridge course needs to be completed by the candidate within the period of 60 days from the date of admission.
Admission to such candidate will be given up to 30 days from the commencement of the Semester.
(C) Eligibility for admission to third and fourth year of B. Design will be according to the passing criteria and rules for ATKT as prescribed by Controller of Examinations
(D) Exam Pattern:
* B Design Examination Schedule for University Exam for V, VI, VII & VIII.
The evaluation pattern is as follows as per passed in the Academic Council Meeting held on 20th September 2013.
|Proposed evaluation pattern for new modular structure syllabus|
|100- Continuous assessment||
- All Practical subject exams except University level examination will have continuous assessment.
- University level Practical Examination will be as per the table given above.
Evaluation Pattern For SNDT Women’s University
– The evaluation pattern for SNDT Women’s university is based on the credits allotted to the subject.
– For first 4 semesters the evaluation is conducted on college level and next four semesters it is conducted on university level. The evaluation includes Internal and external marking.
– For College level subjects, the evaluation Pattern is Practical – Continuous Evaluation and theory – 25 marks internal (Class assignments, Class test) and 75 marks external exam. For university level subjects, the evaluation Pattern is theory and Practical – 25 marks internal (Class assignments, Class test) and 75 marks external exam.
– Separate passing is required for internal and external exams.
– An ATKT (Allowed to keep terms)criterion is 40% on total Heads.
NOTE : Reservation policy shall be applicable for Admissions as per State Government of Maharashtra for SC/ST/NT/SBC candidates but scholarship and freeship shall be applicable only for the Scheduled Caste (SC) category students from Maharashtra.
“College reserves the right to make necessary changes in the Fee Structure assuring that the raise shall not increase more than 10% of the total Fees.
In case of Taxes and Levies by government, the implementation will be done at actual.”
*IMPORTANT NOTE – SITE IS STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. KINDLY CONTACT ADMINISTRATION DEPARTMENT FOR ANY QUERIES. (PH – 02066833700/701)